1yr Fixed Term Contract Opportunity
Absolute Strategy Research, Europe’s leading provider of Independent Macro-Strategy Research, is pleased to offer a 1 year fixed term contract to work as Research Associate with the ASR Chief Investment Strategist and the Investment Strategy team.
The minimum qualifications that will be required are:
1. An economics background at first degree level (with joint honours preferred).
2. At least a Masters level second degree (this need not be economics but should reflect an interest in the global economy or include research relevant to Global financial markets), or three years equivalent relevant experience.
3. Ability to work in the UK without a work permit. We are not able to sponsor any non-UK or non-EU candidates.
IF YOU DO NOT MEET THESE CRITERIA PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR CV/APPLICATION - IT WILL BE SCREENED AND WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
The successful candidate/s will also have following skill sets:
1. A demonstrable understanding and interest in how macroeconomic forces shape the global economy.
2. A demonstrable understanding and interest in the interaction between economics and financial markets.
3. Technical skills with Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
4. Proven written communication skills.
These elements will all be tested in the final stages of our selection process.
Candidates with these additional skill sets would be ideal and may be preferred:
1. Experience with either a Central Bank, Government Economic Service or similar organisation.
2. Experience working and writing within a Research driven business similar to ASR.
3. Proven Econometric / modelling skills with Eviews or a similar package.
4. Experience using ‘R’ to handle large data sets.
5. An interest in economic / financial market history.
6. Good verbal communication skills.
Finally, we will be looking for candidates that are enthusiastic and intellectually curious who will be keen to benefit from working alongside some of the most experienced and well established financial markets professionals in the Independent Investment Research arena.
For candidates that meet these exacting requirements we will be offering a salary of between £30k-£40k depending on experience and qualifications.
Written applications, with a brief (one-page max) letter outlining your suitability for the role and a full CV should be made to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is January 3rd 2018.
PLEASE DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME AND OUR BY APPLYING IF YOU DO NOT MEET THE MINIMUM CRITERIA.