TERMS OF WEBSITE USE
This version: 1.0
Version date: 5 January 2011
3. We reserve the right to amend these terms at any time.
Information about us
4. www.absolute-strategy.com is a website operated by Absolute Strategy Research Limited("We"). We are registered in England and Wales as a limited company under company number 5727405 and have our registered office at Salisbury House, Station Road, Cambridge CB1 2LA. Our VAT number is 882441709. We are registered with the FCA, and our registration number is 452013.
Accessing the website
5. We reserve the right to withdraw or amend the website or any service we provide on the website without notice. We will have no liability or responsibility if for any reason the website is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the website, or our entire website, to users who have registered with us.
7. When using the website, you must comply with the provisions of any acceptable use policy we publish on the website.
8. If you are registered as a business user of the website, you represent and warrant that you (the individual doing so) have the authority to do so and to bind any relevant legal entity on whose behalf you are acting.
Transactions concluded through the website
Nothing in this website is intended as a contractual offer capable of acceptance by you as principal or agent.
Cancelling your registration as a user
11. You can cancel your registration as user of the website at any time but this will not affect your obligations in relation to any services or information you have already received.
Intellectual property rights
12. We are the owner or licensee of all intellectual property rights in the website and the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright, trade mark and other laws around the world. All such rights are reserved.
13. You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from the website for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on the website.
15. Professional clients of Absolute Strategy Research have certain rights to make use of our research; these are set out in our Terms & Conditions.
16. ABSOLUTE STRATEGY RESEARCH, ‘europe in a global context’, ‘Black Swan Alert’ and the Black Swan device are trade marks of Absolute Strategy Research Limited.
Content of the website
17. Commentary and other materials posted on the public areas of the website are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We will have no liability or responsibility for any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to the website or by anyone informed of any of its contents. Our liabilities relating to research accessible to our professional clients are set out in our Terms & Conditions.
18. You should not act or refrain from acting based on any information you obtain from this website unless you have taken appropriate specific advice, from an appropriately qualified licensed adviser.
19. We may change the content of the website at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to the website, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on the website may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
20. If you have any concerns about material which appears on the website, please contact email@example.com.
Our liability and status
21. The material and content displayed on the website is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties from us as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we and other members of our group of companies expressly exclude all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
22. We will not be responsible to you for:
- any losses which are not a foreseeable consequence of an act or omission by us relating to the website. Losses are foreseeable where they could be contemplated by you and us at the relevant time you used the website
- loss of income, revenue, business, profits, or contracts
- loss of anticipated savings
- loss of or corruption to data
- loss of goodwill
- wasted management or office time.
23. Regardless of the previous paragraphs in this section, if we are found to have any liability to you, that liability will be limited to £100.
24. None of the above affects our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, or any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
25. No agency, partnership, joint venture, employment relationship or franchise relationship is intended or created between you and us as a result of your use of the website
Information about you and your visits to the website
Viruses, hacking and other offences
27. You must not misuse the website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the website, the server on which the website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the website. You must not attack the website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We may report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and disclose your identity and relevant personal details to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the website will cease immediately.
28. We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the website or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
Links to and from the website
29. You may link to our home page provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, and does not suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you. The website must not be framed on any other website. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. The website from which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in any acceptable use policy we publish on the website.
30. Where the website contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources and accept no liability or responsibility for them or for any loss or damage arising from your use of them.
Jurisdiction and applicable law